Friday, March 9, 2018

Addicted

Surrounded by people I found myself lonely...
With no place to go and no one to reach out to,
I found myself desperately
looking for what I thought impossible...

All the hope was lost,

no desire was left,
but then, your charm reached out to me...
From all people you chose me, you saw me;
you unlocked the cuffs that fear had put around my being
and from then on
I could only see YOU amongst the multitude.

You exerted a magnetism impossible to resist...

A magnetism that pulled me so close,
that you became my strength, my happiness,
my desire and my darkness.
By your side, lines blurred, passions multiplied
and every experience reached new highs…
The light, became oh so bright
and the darkness, so damn dark.

I found myself surfing your waves tirelessly

and submerging in your waters disregarding my own breathing...  
I would find myself roaming through time, roaming through life
with chains wrapped around my feet,
wrapped around my mind,
wrapped around my whole self...

Together we were intense,

we were joyful, we lived passionately;
together, we were just plain fearless.
We could take on anything and everything!

Nothing could touch me

and nothing could harm me by your side...
we were unbreakable, we were unstoppable...
Yes, we definitely chained ourselves together
or at least I chained myself to you...


Bonds strong as steel emerged
but suddenly something snapped,
the chain broke...  
And there I was,
left with a painful heart,
a workaholic mind
and way too much baggage on my back...

No comments:

Post a Comment